|“||From... from now on... I will protect my brother in Father's stead.||”|
|Birthday||December 27, 1995|
|Height||180 cm (6'0)|
|Weight||70 kg (145 lb)|
|Base of Operations||True Cross Academy|
|Relatives||Rin Okumura (Brother)|
Shiro Fujimoto (Adoptive father)
Yuri Egin (Mother)
Ernst Frederik Egin (Grandfather - anime)
Mephisto Pheles (Half-brother)
|Class||Middle First Class|
|Meister Type||Dragoon, Doctor, Tamer|
|Manga Debut||Chapter 1|
|Anime Debut||Episode 1|
|Japanese Voice||Ayumi Fujimura (Child)
Jun Fukuyama (Teen)
|English Voice||Johnny Yong Bosch|
Yukio Okumura is one of the main protagonists in Ao no Exorcist. He is Rin's younger twin brother. A straight arrow and kind-hearted by nature, his goal is to become a Doctor. Unbeknownst to his brother, he is a brilliant Exorcist - the youngest in history - in short, a genius. His abilities are gradually unveiled during his time at the Exorcism Cram School and is now an Exorcist teacher.
Like his mother, Yukio has chocolate-brown hair and turquoise eyes. He also has three moles on his face (yet another trait he inherited from his mother, Yuri) and wears glasses (that's why Rin calls him Spotty-four eyes). In the first episode, Yukio wears a plain shirt with a beige cardigan. Later on in the series, Yukio has an Exorcist coat that he wears over a white dress shirt and black dress pants. Over his coat he has a leather pallet of bullets and his guns. He has black leather shoes. His guns are Springfield M1911A1 Champion pistols, both black with a glossy wood side cover on handle, and the True Cross insignia engraved into the slide.
In the anime, he is seen with a mysterious black mark on the underside of his left arm that is now starting to spread throughout his body. This may have something to do with his original birth right as Satan's son and the demonic powers he was supposed to have shared with Rin as Yukio was shown preforming his daily testing and it reacted, but the mark was never fully explained in the anime (though Shura appeared to be alarmed by the sight of it).
As of the last episode, Yukio's mark has spread all the way down passed his elbow.
In the anime, since awakening his demonic powers in episode 22, Yukio now possesses the same demonic features as his brother, Rin when in their human form (e.g. the pointed ears and sharper fangs). When in his demon form, he too has a blue flame, pointed ears and fangs.
PersonalityEditYukio is mostly seen as quiet and calm, yet he is somewhat bi-polar. He is usually seen happily smiling, but can easily get sidetracked due to Rin's personality clash, and becomes rather dark. He takes things seriously, but knows a joke when he hears one.
On few occasions he is shown to have a very aggressive side. If he is pushed too far, he can gain a fiercely angry personality. His angry side is so intense that it frightens Rin when it makes itself known. This may be as a result of his demonic heritage even though he didn't acquire Satan's flames like Rin.
He doesn't like to partake in 'unseemly' actions.
- According to the Ao no Exorcist Guidebook, Kazue Kato said that originally, Yukio and Rin weren't exorcists, but anti-paranormal agents who exterminated supernatural creatures.
- He is popular with girls, though he finds it difficult to reject them.
- Favourite food is seafood, especially sashimi.
- His known pastimes are: formulating plans and reading Jump Square every month.
- His favourite manga genres are: comedy, horror, suspense.
- He averages 4 hours of sleep each night.
- He is ranked 5-6th on Rin's 'cool dude' list which is the same rank as Kuro, Rin's familiar.
- He is embarrassed and extremely bothered by how many moles he has.
- He gets irritated with Shura ever since they were young because he always gets defeated by her.
- He is ambidextrous meaning he is dexterous with both hands and has used this to his advantage, combining it with multi-tasking. This ability shines through when he is in battle. (This was also shown in the bonus picture of Ao no Exorcist volume #3.)
- He has extremely poor eye-sight, which may have been affected by his demon-heritage in the manga.
- The original concept had Yukio and Rin's names switched around, therefore, his name was Rin. His hairstyle was also similar to Rin's.
- Kazue Kato intended on giving him stress-related asthma, making him always having a puffer around. This concept had him slightly psychic and sometimes prescient. It is also said that he was supposed to be interested in computers and a feminist.
- "Yukio" (雪男) means Blessed Hero.
- There was an error in the official English translation of Blue Exorcist Volume 2 where Yukio was a meister in Aria and Dragoon. This is false, Yukio is both a Dragoon and a Doctor, not Aria. This was shown in the character profile of Blue Exorcist Volume 1.
- As of the 30th Chapter of the manga series, it is discovered that his eyes can somehow change to other eyes, who were not his own. This is hinting that he has inherited Satan's eyes and that he may also have demonic powers as well, possibly latent due to his body's sickly disposition when he was born.
- (To Rin) "... if you truly have the nerve to feel that way... then you should give yourself up to the order Headquarters... or just die please."
- (To Mephisto Pheles) "From... from now on... I will protect my brother in fathers stead."