I've been freaking out a lot recently. I need to do something about that this year!
Now on to volume 3!
The Story so Far
Unknown to Rin Okumura, both human and demon blood runs in his veins. In an argument with his foster father, Father Fujimoto, Rin learns that Satan is his true father. Satan suddenly appears and tries to drag Rin down to Gehenna because Rin has inherited his power. Father Fujimoto fights to defend Rin, but dies in the process. Rin decides to become an Exorcist so he can someday defeat Satan and begins studying at the Exorcism Cram School under the instruction of his twin brother Yukio, who is already an Exorcist.
Rin and Yukio meet a young girl named Shiemi Moriyama at Futsumaya, an exorcism supply shop. Shiemi can't walk because of a demonic infection in her legs. After the brothers save her from her affliction, she decides she wants to see the outside world and begins walking on her own. She begins attending the Exorcism Cram School so she can become a stronger person.
-Before Summer Break
In preparation for the Exwire Certification Exam, the trainees - also known as Pages - participate in an intensive study camp. A demon looking for Rin attacks the other students, but Shiemi, who has a strong desire to be helpful to everyone, is instrumental in saving them all.
After barely escaping the danger, Mephisto Pheles reveals that he planned the whole incident as the Exwire Certification Exam. All the students advance to the rank of Exwire, but their next trial awaits!!
Fight hellfire with hellfire!
As a new Exorcist Exwire at True Cross Academy, Rin Okumura has a long way to go before he reaches the top rank of Paladin. When Rin and his classmates are sent to search for a ghost, Amaimon, King of Earth, takes Rin by surprise and steals the Koma Sword. Higher powers have been observing events at the academy and make their presence known. New players enter the game, and Rin doesn't even know he's playing!
Cast of Characters
- Born of a human mother and Satan, the God of Demons, Rin Okumura has powers he can barely control. After Satan kills Father Fujimoto, Rin's foster father, Rin decides to become an Exorcist so he can someday defeat Satan. Now a first-year student at True Cross Academy and an Exwire at the Exorcism Cram School, he hopes to someday become a Knight. When he draws the Koma Sword, he manifests his infernal power in the form of blue flames.
- Rin’s brother. Hoping to become a doctor, he's a genius who is the youngest student ever to become an instructor at the Exorcism Cram School. An instructor in Demon Pharmaceuticals, he possesses the titles of Doctor and Dragoon.
- Daughter of the owner of Futsumaya, an exorcist supply shop. Inspired by Rin and Yukio, she became an Exwire and hopes to someday become an Exorcist. She has the ability to become a Tamer and can summon a baby Greenman.
- Heir to a venerable temple in Kyoto. After the Blue Night, he became an Exwire and hopes to become an Exorcist someday. He wants to achieve the titles of Dragoon and Aria.
- Once a pupil of Suguro's father and now Suguro's friend. He's an Exwire who wants to become an Aria. He has an easygoing personality and is totally girl-crazy.
- Like Shima, he was once a pupil of Suguro's father and is now Suguro's friend. He's an Exwire who hopes to become an Aria someday. He is small in size and has a quite and composed personality.
- An Exwire with the blood of shrine maidens. She has the ability to become a Tamer and can summon two white foxes. Her friend Paku quit school, but Izumo has continued attending.
- A Senior Exorcist First Class who holds the titles of Tamer, Doctor and Aria. He teaches magic circles and seals at the Exorcism Cram School. Little else is known about him.
- Mephisto Pheles's younger brother. Mephisto ordered him to come to True Cross Academy. Little else is known about him as well.
- President of True Cross Academy and head of the Exorcism Cram School. He was Father Fujimoto’s friend, and now he is Rin and Yukio’s guardian. His behavior is suspicious, and all details about his true identity are shrouded in mystery.
- The man who raised Rin and Yukio. He was a priest at True Cross Church and a famous Exorcist. He held the rank of Paladin and once taught Demon Pharmaceuticals. Satan possessed him and he gave his life defending Rin.
- Chapter 8: Black Cat 「黒猫 Kuro Neko」
- Chapter 9: Tag 「鬼事 Onigotto」
- Chapter 10: Proof 「証明 Shōmei」
- Chapter 11: Fun Camp 「楽しいキャンプ Tanoshii Kyanpu」
- Tatsuma Suguro (Flashback only)
Battles & Major Events
Spoiler Alert! Read at your own risk.
- Terror in the Bathhouse (Izumo Kamiki, Noriko Paku, Rin Okumura, Shiemi Moriyama, & Yukio Okumura vs. Naberius [& Igor Neuhaus])(started and concluded)
- Exwire Examination (started and concluded)
- Ryuji Suguro, Shiemi Moriyama, Izumo Kamiki, Konekomaru Miwa, & Renzo Shima vs. Naberius
- Rin Okumura vs. Naberius & Igor Neuhaus
- Rin & Yukio Okumura vs. Igor Neuhaus & Naberius (started and concluded)
- The back cover of this volume features the contents of Shiemi's purse.
- The contents page features a small emblem presumed to represent Shiemi.
- In the English release of the manga volume, the initial first pressing of the book translated Exwires as Esquires.