Tatsuma has the misfortune of looking like a member of the yakuza, which does not help attract followers to his temple. He is bald and has a mustached shaped like oval dots above the sides of his mouth. He mainly wears his priest robes. At most times, Tatsuma will reek of alcohol.
Tatsuma does not appear to take his job seriously; oftentimes he will be with women and will reek of alcohol. He does not show up for many of the meetings in his temple, and is absent when Bon and the other Exwires arrive. He tries to brush of Bon's questions when confronted. However, when push comes to shove, and people are endangered, Tatsuma has proven to be a force to be reckoned with, as seen during his final moments. He is very tactful and prepares himself for the worst situations. An example of this is his additional contract with the Demon Karura. He is a very good father and never wanted to involve his son in matters involving the Impure King. He considers peoples lives much more important than the secrets of the Myōō Dharani Sect.
In the manga, it is revealed that Tatsuma met Father Fujimoto before the Blue Night when the latter came to the temple to steal the Kurikara. Fujimoto was severely injured from fighting many monsters on the mountain and collapsed soon after their first encounter. Tatsuma bandaged his wounds and not long after, Fujimoto tended to those that suffered from toxin poisoning and were in danger of death. This included Tatsuma's wife who was pregnant at the time. Impressed and grateful to him, Tatsuma gave Shiro the Kurikara, assured that he wouldn't use it for wicked purposes.
Impure King Revival arc
Terror of the Kraken arc
Tatsuma is seen talking to Rin about if he has any problem with Koumaken feel gree to relay on him.
Powers & Abilities
Despite not having the title of an Exorcist, Tatsuma is highly skilled in chants that have high effect on Demons.
Tatsuma has a familiar called Karura, which takes the form of a small fire bird.
- Karura Flame (
- Kashoku no In (火食の印, Fire Meal Seal): Tatsuma uses Kashoku no In to repel Toudou Saburouta when he initially attacks him. Flames burst from Toudou, forcing him back. However, little damage is dealt, which Tatsuma comments on, surprised that Toudou was so agile and robust.
- Kafun no In (火粉の印, Seal of Fire Powder): Karura flaps its wings rapidly, successively sending out waves of feather-like flames.
- Aeon Wave Flame (
- Jōkafū no In (淨火封の印, Seal of the Sealing Sacred Fire): Flames are channeled from Tatsuma by Karura, who quickly flies and forms a pentagram of flames to deal damage to and seal whatever is in its center.
- (To Shiro Fujimoto about Kurikara) "...When I was a child, I once secretly unsheathed the sword. I wanted to see Karura, you know? Neither Karura nor any flames appeared at all... that sword was empty. I knew it all along... and yet... I've stopped worshipping an empty shell, and I've finally found the resolve in me to fight. It was all thanks to you."
- ↑ Ao no Exorcist Manga: Chapter 24, Page 27
|Most High Priest||Tatsuma Suguro|
|High Priest||Uwabami Hojo • Yaozo Shima|
|Hojo Family||Ao Hojo• Mamushi Hojo • Nishiki Hojo|
|Miwa Family||Konekomaru Miwa|
|Shima Family||Juzo Shima • Kinzo Shima • Renzo Shima|
|Suguro Family||Torako Suguro • Ryuji Suguro|
|Familiar||Naga • Salamander • Ucchusma • Yamantaka|
|Other||Chika Minami • Hajime Narumi • Haruta Shishamo • Masato Chigusa • Shigemichi Kumagai|
|Deceased||Fukaku (Most High Priest) • Tatsuma Suguro's Father (Most High Priest)|