|Age||26 (says she's 18)|
|Height||173 cm (5'8")|
|Hair||Dark Red with blonde ends|
|Class||Upper First Class|
|Manga Debut||Chapter 9|
|Anime Debut||Episode 12|
|Japanese Voice||Rina Satō|
|English Voice||Wendee Lee|
Shura Kirigakure is an Upper First-Class Exorcist and Rin Okumura's mentor. She trained under the guidance of Shirō Fujimoto to obtain the title Meister as a Knight. She officially works as an Inspector for the Vatican, but has infiltrated True Cross Academy first as a student under the name Yamada and later as a teacher for the Exwires.
Shura possesses long, red hair with yellow ends that resemble flames. Her eyes are green in the manga, yet purple in the anime, and she has a curvaceous figure. She is usually seen wearing a very revealing bikini top, along with shorts and sometimes with stockings as the bottom part of her outfit or also wearing a denim jacket. After she is assigned to become a teacher at the Exorcist Cram School, Shura starts wearing an unbuttoned school jacket and a tie. She also carries a license that states her name and position, as well as a key with coat of arms on it, which symbolizes her position. She also has markings on both her chest and abdomen, which act as seals for various items. She also has large breasts which Rin considers larger than Shiemi's.
Shura has a rather laid-back personality and uses slang; using yer instead of your. She is also noted to be rather blunt, speaking freely about sensitive topics, as well as not being hesitant in pointing out others' flaws. Even with her superiors, she is not afraid to challenge them, which on a few occasions resulted in a physical conflict.
Like Rin, she often slacks off, and would rather drink and let others do work. However, when needed, Shura can be serious and focused, as seen when she duels Amaimon and being able to depict the fact that Rin's flames take over him because of his fear. She is also fiercely loyal to Father Fujimoto, despite denying his ways. Insulting or playing around with Shura can lead to being punished. When disguised as Yamada she appeared to be a game freak.
Shura is currently hiding her true age by stating to everyone that she is 18, when Yukio has alluded to the fact that she is 26. She truly despises Angel and does not think too highly of him.
- The kanji for Shura mean "carnage/bloodshed".
- Though being an Exorcist affiliated with the Vatican, she states the she never once prayed to God.
- Her sword techniques resemble the eight-headed serpent Yamata no Orochi that was slain by the Japanese god Susanoo. This resemblance is not only because of the snake themed names of some of her attacks but also due to the words she uses to summon her sword: "Devour the Seven Princesses, slay the Serpent" (櫛名田比売). as Yamata no Orochi was killed because it had killed seven Princesses and was going to kill the eighth. This can also mean that her sword might be the Kusanagi-no-Tsurugi that was found by Susanoo after the snake was killed.
- She is a heavy drinker, but can't handle it well. Once she begins, trouble soon follows. This relates to the legend of Yamata no Orochi and Susanoo, as Orochi was defeated by Susanoo after being intoxicated on sake that was refined eight times.
- Yamada ( 山田), the name she used when she infiltrated the cram school disguised as a student, means "mountain rice field". This also possibly relates to the legend of Orochi, as the name of the eighth daughter to be sacrificed to Orochi was named Kushi-inada-hime (櫛名田比売) which translates to "wondrous rice-field princess".
- Her pastimes and talents are foot massages, hot stone spas, and bothering animals.
- She gets 8 hours of sleep on average.
- Her favorite genre of manga is romance.
- Her favorite type of guy is strong and collected.
- She is a descendant of the female ninja school, Kirigakure.
- (While summoning her Demon Sword)"Devour the Seven Princesses... slay the Serpent!"
- (Response to Arthur Auguste Angel) "It's no longer about Demons or humans. They love Assiah, the world where they lived together with Shirō."
- (To Rin) "As ordered, elimination is now possible, I am going to kill you. It is a student's duty to clean up their master's messes."
- ↑ Ao no Exorcist Volume 3, Chapter 10, Page 21