Though his appearance is greatly shielded by the hooded ornament that he wears, Samyaza has the appearance of a middle-aged male. Beneath the garments, Samyaza wears dark robes; from the ornament dangles a mint-green veil that is parted, giving one the view of Samyaza's mouth, only.
Training Camp arc
Samyaza and the rest of the Grigori act as overseers for Mephisto's trial; he then listens silently as Mephisto asks him and the other Grigori to make a wager with him about how Rin will turn out: savior of Assiah or Demon King of Gehenna. However, after listening to Rin's outburst and Mephisto's claim, Samyaza and the other Grigori prevent Arthur from executing the boy and allow him to live under the condition that he pass the Exorcist Qualification Exam in six months time, among many others.
True Cross Academy Festival arc
Samyaza and the other Grigori are later present during Arthur and Lewin's account of what happened in Yemen, where they learn of the Demon Eater and the problems they could potentially bring up in the world. Samyaza then, upon Mephisto bringing it up amidst the chaos of information, reduces Rin's execution to a suspension.
Samyaza and his two other compatriots are later visited by Lucifer's Seraphim and hear the words he has to speak. However, the Seraphim at his location explodes, but he and the other Grigori members are saved by Arthur.
- In the anime he was given the name Balthasar, as he had not yet been given a name in the manga.
- Samyaza is the name for a fallen angel in apocryphal texts.
- ↑ Ao no Exorcist Manga: Chapter 87, Page 16
- ↑ Ao no Exorcist Manga: Chapter 14, Page 29
- ↑ Ao no Exorcist Anime: Gamble
- ↑ Ao no Exorcist Manga: Chapter 14, Pages 29-39
- ↑ Ao no Exorcist Manga: Chapter 38, Pages 26-30
- ↑ Ao no Exorcist Manga: Chapter 49, Page 13
- ↑ Ao no Exorcist Manga: Chapter 49, Page 29
- ↑ Ao no Exorcist Manga: Chapter 66, Page 5