|“||Hold it. Friends help each other, right? You should understand.||”|
—Izumo to Shiemi
|Height||167 cm (5'7")|
|Weight||49 kg (108 lb)|
|Manga Debut||Chapter 2|
|Anime Debut||Episode 3|
|Japanese Voice||Eri Kitamura|
|English Voice||Kira Buckland|
Izumo Kamiki is a female student at the Exorcism Cram School. Strong-willed, and something of a "tsundere (hot/cold personality)". She comes from a long line of shrine maidens, and was born with Heian Period noblewoman-like eyebrows. Although a top student, she is quite condescending towards her classmates, both in actions and words.
Izumo has dark red eyes and long dark purple hair, which she usually keeps in a twintails or a ponytail hairstyle. Her most notable trait would be her small, oval shaped eyebrows, which is why Rin Okumura calls her by the nickname polkabrows. Her outfit is primarily the school uniform. She has also been called "cute" by a young boy living near the beach.
Izumo maintains a very tsundere attitude most of the time, though it's mostly tsun and less dere. She is very cold and condescending towards those around her except for her friend Paku. She takes advantage of Shiemi, when Shiemi asks to be her friend, by essentially making Shiemi her servant. Paku, distraught that Izumo was taking advantage of an honest person, finally admitted to Izumo that she does not consider Izumo to be a true friend. However, she does occasionally show kindness. She was the first Exwire to accept Rin after learning that he was the son of Satan. She sat next to him on the train to Kyoto when no one else would. In the anime, she encouraged him on his candle training when he was frustrated. She is quite considerate even though she does not appear that way. She easily loses confidence when she sees her friends in distress but has slowly learned to stay calm and composed during battles.
- Her pastimes and talents are: collecting clothes and trinkets, studying, reading girls' manga & novels and going shopping.
- Izumo hates the way she gets a crease between her eyebrows when reading, studying, or thinking hard.
- Her average bath time is 50 minutes.
- Her favorite music genres are: Pop, Rock and Japanese.
- Her favorite words are: "Evening calm".
- She spends her days off reading fashion magazines, girls' manga, novels, and going shopping.
- In the special episode 'Kuro no Lede' and the 7th anime omake, Izumo has shown a great love of cats. Whenever she encounters Kuro when she is alone, she blushes and fusses over him: feeding, petting, and attempting to play with him.
- (To Shiemi Moriyama) "Hold it. Friends help each other right? You should understand"
- (While Summoning) "稲荷神(いなりのかみ)に 恐(かしこ)み 恐(かしこ)み白(もう)す 為(な)す所(ところ)の願(ねが)いとして 成就(じょうじゅ)せずということなし!" "I humbly call the Gods of Harvest. Follow my wishes, leave none unfulfilled!"