Aria is one of the Meister branches that an Exorcist can take on utilizing the power of "Fatal Verses" which are phrases or verses found within the bible, and other holy scriptures. Suguro Ryuji, Shima Renzou, and Konekomaru Miwa are studying to become one. Shiro Fujimoto saved Rin from Astaroth in Episode 1 by using "Fatal Verses".
A Fatal Verse is a section or part of a holy scripture to which every type of demon has one assigned specifically to. By chanting these "Fatal Verses" an Aria can exorcise the demon. Not every demon's fatal verse is known, as shown when the Cat Sith Kuro first rampaged, the exorcist team reported that they have yet to find its fatal verse.
"The road is unmarked for those without faith."
"The road is not marked for those lacking faith."
"A billow fog blocks the gates of heaven."
"The hand of God will cause them to fall from Jacob's ladder."
- Astaroth's Decay Mushrooms - by Izumi
- "The Lord gives and the Lord takes away. He shall bestow you life and happiness! Praised be the name of the Lord!"
- Astaroth - First Exorcism (Minor Form) - by Shiro Fujimoto
- "Mischief is in their hearts,
Give them according to their deeds, and according to the wickedness of their endeavors,
Give them after the work of their hands, render them to their desert.
Smite them and let them not rise again.
Blessed be the Lord.
The Lord is my strength, and my shield.
Thou shall perish!"
- Astaroth - Second Exorcism (Major Form) - by Shiro Fujimoto
- "O Lord, bind a millstone around its neck so that it shall never again rise from the depths of the Leviathan!
- Chain it in darkness eternal, where it will not hear nor see!"
- Ghoul/Naberius - by Ryuji Suguro
- (With previous chanting)
- "This is the disciple which testifieth of these things, and wrote these things:
- And we know that his testimony is true.
- I suppose that even the world itself could not contain the books that should be written!"
- Chuchi moths - by Konekomaru Miwa
- "After he had served his own generation by the will of God, he fell on sleep, and was laid unto his fathers, and saw corruption!"