|“||Who...? Ah, yes. I'm Amaimon, a demon king. I'm kind of like your big brother. Nice to meet you.||”|
—Amaimon to Rin
|Height||172 cm (5'7")|
|Hair||Dark Green and Green|
|Relatives||Mephisto Pheles (Brother)|
Rin Okumura (Half Brother)
Yukio Okumura (Half Brother)
|Manga Debut||Chapter 4|
|Anime Debut||Episode 5|
|Japanese Voice||Tetsuya Kakihara|
|English Voice||Darrel Guilbeau|
Amaimon, also known as the Earth King, is one of the 8 Demon Princes of Gehenna, wherein he ranks as the seventh strongest, and a son of Satan. Unlike his father and elder brother, Amaimon had little interest in Rin after their first meeting, but his interest grows with each encounter.
Amaimon's host is a teenage boy. He has a spike of hair which is lightly colored compared to the rest of his dark green hair. He wears a jacket that has cross bones as buttons. He also wears green arm warmers and a black and pink short sleeved shirt (same color as his spike) under his jacket which is ripped at the ends. When he is in his demon form he has arms like his familiar, Behemoth, which are muscular and green. He also dons the long ears and a tail that resembles an alligator (only seen in the anime). He stands at 172 cm (5'7"); an average height.
Amaimon appears to be calm and collected, but holds his power in a very high regard, very brash and, overall, quite carefree. However, he shows great anger and annoyance when someone ruins his fun, like when Mephisto intervened in his fight with Rin in the Chuchi forest. Amaimon also hates to lose, as after he lost to Rin, during the hearing against Mephisto (anime only), to ensure his victory against the former, Amaimon assumed his demon form. He is very playful and doesn't take his opponents seriously in battle, which suggests that Amaimon is either highly arrogant, or hideously skilled in combat. He has also been shown to care for his familiar, Behemoth, and showed great distress when Shura killed it.
- The spelling of Amaimon's name is katakana for the Goetic demon Amaymon.
- Also, Amaymon is apparently the only one who can control Asmodeous, the Demon of Lust. Whether this fact is significant or not is unknown.
- The Japanese for 'sweet things' is 'Amai mono'. Ironically, Amaimon is very fond of sweets.
- When singed, the hairs on top of his head resembles a piece of broccoli.
- Rin called him broccoli even before his horn puffed up.
- Amaimon has a habit of biting/chewing his thumb nail when he is interested in something.
- Despite eating a lot, he is the second lightest male in the series (58 kg), after Konekomaru.
- He appears to be fascinated with Japanese culture, much like Mephisto. In a bonus drawing, he's seen reading what appears to be manga, and, in the anime, he's seen buying many different souveniers.
- (To himself after talking with Mephisto) "Both brother and father have become entranced... How long will it be until Rin joins them? It'd be good to kill a little time..."
- (To Mephisto) "Even if you ask me that... since he hasn't even fought all out yet... put simply, I can't judge him."
- (To Rin Okumura) "Who...? Ah, yes. I'm Amaimon, a demon king. I'm kind of like your big brother. Nice to meet you."
- (After being stabbed by Rin) "No way, I'm the Earth King... How can I lose?! Big Brother!"
- (To Shiemi) "Let's see...Yeah! I'll make her my wife. Do you promise to be faithful to me in good times and bad? In sickness and in health? Will you love and honour me, all the days of your life? Then seal this convenant with a kiss...."
- (To Rin Okumura after taking Shiemi and kicking him through many trees) Hellooo? "Wasn't this girl important to you? Why aren't you taking this seriously?"
- (To Rin Okumura) "Then I guess I don't need her. I could take one of her eyes a souvenir. One of our cousins had this hobby of collecting human eye balls, he asked me to bring him some."
- (To Bon) "What are you talking about? I don't like to be ignored."